Basic First Aid Certification (Community and Workplace) Course
Our Basic First Aid Certification Course makes earning your First Aid card easy and fast. We provide an Internet-based program, available from any web enabled device. Our First Aid Certification Program includes everything you need to prepare, take the exam, and earn your certification. In addition, American Training Association certification courses are accepted in all 50 US states and internationally.
Certification 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week, 365 Days a Year!
Earn First Aid certification when YOU want to earn it. Upon passing the First Aid exam, you may download a PDF version of your certification as instant proof. Print this PDF card for use until your official provider card arrives by mail.
Avoid the Skills Check
American Training Association does not require a hands-on skills check to earn certification. The online exam is the only testing requirement.
No Hidden Costs
Our one time registration fee includes everything associated with registering for the course, preparing with the online study guides, taking the exam, printing your digital certification, and receiving your paper certification card. There are no unexpected fees or costs. All materials and a hard copy of your certification card are included in your registration package.
The online study guide and exam for the course are broken into sections similar to those in the AHA provider manual. This enables the study guide to systematically review everything you will need to know for the certification exam.
Course sections include:
- Laws and Safety regarding CPR: This section explains the symptoms of sudden cardiac arrest, Good Samaritan laws and the chain of survival along with universal safety precautions that should be taken during any emergency.
- First Aid Situations and Management: This section discusses emergencies like bleeding control, burns, poisonings, muscle injuries, broken bones, strokes seizures, heat related illness, frostbite and hypothermia. It further more explains the management and steps necessary to bring these injuries and illnesses under control.
- Order: Use our convenient web registration process to take the first step in earning your certification. You can use our shopping cart feature to register for one course or multiple courses (CPR, First Aid, and/or BLS) at once. As an added plus, you will automatically receive a 10% discount on a two course bundle or a 15% discount on a three course bundle.
- Prepare: Part of the registration process will include activation of your username and password. Use these to enter our online study guides. The study guides will review everything you need to know to pass the certification exam. Spend as much time as you need reviewing the concepts from any web enabled device. Students average between 1 and 3 hours preparing, but you can decide for yourself when you are ready to move on to the exam.
- Exam: You can attempt the certification exam as soon as you feel that you have adequately reviewed the course content. There is no time limit during which you must finish the exam. Our system will automatically score your exam after you submit your last answer. A score of 80% or higher is necessary to complete the certification process. If you fail to score above 79% on the exam, you have as many retakes as you need to try again. Retakes are included free with your registration.
- Print: As soon as our program registers a passing exam score, a PDF certification card is generated with your name and course information. This is delivered to the email address provided during registration. You may print the card to have instant proof of certification. A hard copy of your official card will be shipped the next business day. Rush and international shipping are available.
If you want BLS or need to get a CPR certification we have other courses available for you. We also offer health provider courses.